||The TOMATOSOUP BAND welcomes new members. While the majority are of Dutch heritage, the background and ages of our members are quite diverse. Potential members may find it useful to know the following:
- Instrumentation includes clarinet, saxophones, trumpets,
baritones, trombones, tubas and percussion. The band
welcomes additional players on these and other instruments. Members provide their own
- Levels of musical ability and experience of our
members vary from novice to advanced. Ability in sight-reading is not
essential but it is helpful for members to be
familiar with written music.
- The Band rehearses two hours each Wednesday at
7:30 p.m. Practices are held in the London DCS Hall located at the
corner of Clarke and Gore Roads.
- The Band performs about 30 times each year. Transportation to out-of-town events is provided by the TOMATOSOUP BAND bus.
While we recognize that all members will not be able to attend every
rehearsal or performance, it is expected that all members will try to
get to most of them.
- There is no membership fee. Members are not
paid for performances but refreshments are provided. In addition all members are invited to social events.
- Potential members are welcome to "sit in" on a
number of rehearsals before making a decision to join. While there are
no auditions, final acceptance into the band is subject to the consent
of the members.
- If you have questions about music or membership, please contact the Band President, Martin Van Der Mark by phone at (519) 433-2276.